This page describes a bit of the organizational structure "method" in our United Methodism:
- For clergy leadership, Reverend Cindi and Rev Seong report to the Prairie Rivers District Superintendent Lance Clay in Grand Island. Rev Clay reports to Bishop Scott Jones in Kansas and the Conference Cabinet. Nebraska is broken into six districts and Nebraska is a part of the Great Plains Conference.
- For laity leadership, all committee and group chairs report to the Church Council, which typically meets on fourth Mondays in odd months and is chaired by Miki Naylor. The Council reports to the local church-wide Church Conference called at least annually, and as otherwise needed, and open to all, with all FUMC members attending the meeting having a vote.
- The “program” committees typically meet on second Mondays of each month and consist of Education, Evangelism, Mission, and Worship, except Youth Ministry Team which meets on first Mondays. Ministry Development Team meets on second Tuesdays of the even months.
- The “administrative” committees typically meet on third Tuesdays of each month and consist of Trustees, Finance, and Staff Parish Relations.
- Major planning goals and assessments are done on an annual basis as part of the annual Charge Conference meeting.
For more detail on these organized committees, please see the Committees page.
LOCATIONS & SERVICE TIMES
Downtown 2710 14th Street, Columbus, Nebraska 402-564-8463
Saturday: 6:00 p.m. Sunday: 8:00 & 10:30 a.m.
Sunday School: 9:00 a.m. Fellowship Time: 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Nursery available 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Transportation available for Sunday 10:30 service. Call the church by Friday to schedule.
Outreach Center 3602 16th Street, Columbus, Nebraska 402-564-8362
"Ignite On Sunday Night" Alternative Praise Gathering
Light Supper: 5:30 p.m. Casual Praise Worship: 6:00 p.m.